CEU OPPORTUNITIES: “Evidence-Based Trauma Competency: Assessment, Interventions, & Strategies that Heal the Wounds of Traumatic Events” – Thursday, June 16 from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Presented by: Ryan T. Day, Ph.D., LPC, CETP
Thursday, June 16, 2016
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Early Registration: $100 (ends Sunday, June 12, 2016)
Regular Registration: $125
(5 Core CEs- LPC’s)
(LMFTs- Related Hours)
Trauma competency is extremely important when providing trauma treatment from minor to severe traumatic experiences. Mental health professionals must possess the necessary skills and interventions to be competent in their trauma methods and approaches used in treatment. This workshop will provide participants with the most effective and evidence-based assessments and testing instruments, tools and interventions, and treatment strategies used to treat and heal the wounds of traumatic experiences. Each workshop will offer something different to increase your trauma knowledge and skillset. Participants will receive all training materials, handouts, and other resources that they can use and implement immediately after attending the workshop.
Presented by: Ryan Day, Ph.D.
Dr. Ryan Day is an Assistant Professor of Counselor Education at Columbus State University, an LPC, a Certified Expert Trauma Professional (CETP), and a proud trauma survivor. Dr. Day has been specializing in trauma treatment for nearly a decade and work with a diverse group of children, teens, and adults who suffer from traumatic experiences.
• Discuss various types of Traumas and their relation to PTSD and Complex PTSD
• Provide a detailed overview of current literature and treatment methods used to treat trauma
• Participants will receive psychoeducational handouts and various resources used in treating individuals and families who suffer from post-traumatic experiences
• Learn evidence-based interventions, skills, and strategies to use with their own clients
• Demonstration of skills, review of cases, and application will be discussed and practiced during the entire session
Please call 678-800-1329 ext. 104, or visit our website http://www.
The Healing Center for Change, LLC.
1827 Powers Ferry Road SE, Bldg. 14, Suite 250
Atlanta, Georgia 30339, 678-800-1329 ext. 104