CEU OPPORTUNITIES: “Treating Complex Trauma: Tools & Interventions that Work to Heal Multiple Traumatic Experiences” – Coming again this Spring 2017
*** Space is limited, register asap. ***
Presented by: Ryan T. Day, Ph.D., LPC, CETP
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Early Registration: $100 ()
Regular Registration: $125
(5 Core CEs- LPC’s & LCSW’s)
(LMFTs- Related Hours)
Trauma-related problems can consist of multiple unresolved traumatic experiences. Treating complex trauma can be extremely difficult to treat. Participants will receive a comprehensive overview of content and skills regarding effective treatment methods used when treating complex trauma with clients. Time for questions and answers will be provided to learn about the current literature and evidence-based trauma therapy treatment methods. The presenter will demonstrate how to help clients overcome daily PTSD and anxiety symptoms, daily stressors, impacts of avoidance and resistance in treatment, and learn how to help clients effectively rewrite their trauma narrative. Strategies, interventions, and resources will be provided. This five hour Core CEU workshop will consist of an engaging lecture with demonstrations and constant discussions throughout the workshop. Additional resources and recommendations for further reading and training will be discussed. Participants will leave this workshop with a good foundation regarding trauma therapy with this population group, and leave with a list of interventions and resources that can be implemented within their practice immediately.
Presented by: Ryan Day, Ph.D.
Dr. Ryan Day is an Assistant Professor of Counselor Education at Columbus State University, an LPC, a Certified Expert Trauma Professional (CETP), and a proud trauma survivor. Dr. Day has been specializing in trauma treatment for nearly a decade and work with a diverse group of children, teens, and adults who suffer from traumatic experiences.
- Provide participants with a brief overview of current literature regarding complex trauma
- Discuss and explore alternative methods of building rapport with clients and/or overcoming any barriers (i.e., resistance and/or avoidance) to progress.
- Review an empirically-based trauma therapy model that has been used in my clinical practice in treating complex traumatic experiences.
- Psychoeducational handouts and various resources used in treating individuals and families who suffer from complex trauma and other trauma-related experiences will be provided.
- Learn evidence-based interventions, skills, and strategies to use with their own clients
- Demonstration of skills, review of cases, and application will be discussed and practiced during the entire session
Please call 678-800-1329 ext. 101, or visit our website http://www.
Dr. Ryan Day
The Healing Center for Change, LLC.
1827 Powers Ferry Road SE, Bldg. 14, Suite 250
Atlanta, Georgia 30339, 678-800-1329 ext. 101
*** Our office is located on the second floor and is not handicapped accessible, please be advised. ***
**** To register for this workshop, please click the link below: ****